none
Migrate Windows Server 2012 to New physical Hardware RRS feed

• 问题

• Hi, Support,

I want to know whether there is official tool to migrate existing Windows Server 2012 to New physical Server.

The current Windows Server 2012 are now running in a old model of server, we want to migrate to new server.

Since the Applications running in current Server 2012 are hard to re-configure in new fresh Windows server, we want to find a easy way to accomplish this migration task.

2019年4月24日 6:10

全部回复

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please tell me that what roles does this server have?

If you want to migrate to a new server 2012, we could try to use backup and restore.

Reference information:

How to Migrate Windows Server to New Hardware Effortlessly

Thank you for your support and understanding.

Best Regards ,

Kallen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年4月25日 2:47
    版主
  • Hi, Kallen,

Thank you for your quick response!

The Server which need to migrated is a security control server , third-party software installed in it.

I have read the reference link, but I still have questions about using Windows Server Backup in this circumstance:

1. The new hardware is different from the old one, what preparetion work should do when taking Bare metal backup?

2. What post work should be done after migration? 

2019年4月25日 7:40
  • Hello,

This is a note to let you know that I am currently performing research on this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience.

If you have any updates during this process, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Kallen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年5月6日 8:13
    版主