none
"Windows cannot find 'FILE PATH'" error when programs are run as administrator.

问题

• Hello, I am unable to run program with elevated permissions. This includes programs like Task Manager. 

When I try to run these programs as an administrator I get an error which says "Windows cannot find 'FILE PATH\program.exe' . Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. 

As an example, when I attempt to open task manager I get an error which says "Windows cannot find 'C:\windows\system32\taskmgr.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again."

I have checked, and taskmgr.exe is present within system32.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks. 

2017年12月5日 2:20

全部回复

• Please specify/provide exact program name (or file name with full path).
    You don't have to all program names, but you need to provide one program name at least.

Ashidacchi

2017年12月5日 5:36
  • Thanks for the reply.

As an example of trying to run a program, when I attempt to open task manager I get an error which says "Windows cannot find 'C:\windows\system32\taskmgr.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again."

I have checked, and taskmgr.exe is present within system32.

This happens with any program that automatically tries to run with elevated permissions, or any program I manually attempt to run as an administrator. 

2017年12月5日 22:49
  • Hi,

Please use the key-combinatio: [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [Esc]
    That's all for opening Task Manager in Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.

Task Manager file path: C:\%windows%\System32\taskmgr.exe
    Please check if windows folder name is "windows".
    Task Manager doesn't require administrator privilege for executing. 

Regards,

Ashidacchi

2017年12月5日 22:57
  • Hello, 

[Ctrl] + [Shift] + [Esc] did not result in anything more than the cursor momentarily changing to a loading symbol, before changing back to normal. Task manager did not open, and I did not get an error message. 

I tried the file path with %windows%, but the folder name is actually just "windows". 

2017年12月6日 0:43
  • Hi,

If [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[Esc] won't open/execute Task Manage, your system (at least Task Manager) must have some faults.
    Please Check System File:
    (1) run command prompt (cmd.exe) with administrator privilege
    (2) input "sfc /scannow" and [Enter]

Regards,

Ashidacchi

P.S.
    %windows% stands for a folder name where Windows is installed.  It is "windows" in most cases, but it isn't the same in all computers, so we use "%windows%". 

2017年12月6日 0:59
  • Hello, 

As I said in my original post, I can't run anything with administrator permissions, it just results in the error I posted above. 

When trying to run cmd as an admin I get the error "Windows cannot find 'C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again."

2017年12月6日 1:45
  • I would like to confirm:
    (1) Can you run popular programs without administrator privilege?
    (2) Do you sign-in with some account that has administrator privilege?

Ashidacchi

2017年12月6日 2:01
  • I can run all programs that do not require administrator privilege. 

The account I sign on with is an administrator. 

2017年12月6日 2:18
  • Have you done "sfc /scannow"?

Ashidacchi

2017年12月6日 2:21
  • It requires that cmd be opened as an administrator, which I cannot do. 
    2017年12月6日 2:37
  • Sorry, I forgot it.
    I'm afraid there is no way but you re-install Windows.

# Please provide your Windows 7 information with more details.
    I hope you will insert a screenshot of your system. If you cannot insert it in your post, please share it via cloud storage such as OneDrive, Dropbox and so on.

Ashidacchi

2017年12月6日 2:57
  • Try to DISM before re-installing Windows.
    Fix Windows Update errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/947821/fix-windows-update-errors-by-using-the-dism-or-system-update-readiness

Ashidacchi

2017年12月6日 3:09
  • does this apply to windows 10 as well?
    2018年6月8日 20:41