none
WDS server properties: Access is denied

问题

• Hello

I have recently installed WDS on a Windows Server 2k3 machine (through SP2) but am having some trouble configuring the server properties. I get an "Access is denied" error message when I change something in the server properties. I used an account that is a member of Local Administrators on the server and Domain Users to install WDS and that worked just fine. Do you have to be a member of the Domain Admins to change server properties in WDS?

2007年5月8日 7:08

答案

全部回复

• Never mind, problem solved. Apparently you have to be Domain Admin. I had someone else log in for me with a Domain Admin account and I had no problem changing the properties now.
    2007年5月8日 12:24
  • I have found that being an account operator also allows you to configure WDS. In some of the documentation it states that you need to be a DA, account operator, or have otherwise been granted the appropriate rights. I have yet to find out what those specific granular rights would be.
    2007年5月8日 20:00
  • The user need to have write permissions on the WDS Server Computer Object and the child objects in AD in order to be able to change WDS Server settings.

Thanks

-Sudha

2007年5月10日 18:38
  • Try to stop WDS Services before you configure the Properties. 
    2013年2月14日 8:06
  • Tried that as well, but still didn't work. Will work on adding rights.
    2016年10月24日 14:34