none
Reinstalling HUB/CAS after server crash

问题

• Hi,

I had two Exchange Server: SERVER1 and SERVER2

SERVER1 is mailbox server.

SERVER2 was HUB/CAS Server.

The Server2 has crashed and unfortunately, there are no backups for this server available

I'm trying to figure out how I can: either install the hub/<g class="gr_ gr_411 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="411" id="411">cas</g> role on the existing SERVER1 or Setup a new server with HUB/CAS role on it and make it communicate with the existing SERVER1

I tried searching online but did not find anything related.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Rishi.

2018年6月13日 19:50

全部回复

• Please clean up your post to remove the imbedded HTML that makes your it hard to read.  Thanks.

You can run this on an existing server that doesn't have the hub transport role installed to add it:

Setup /Mode:Install /Roles:HT

You can certainly install a new Exchange server.  

Either will automatically communicate with any existing servers.

However, if you have had a server crash and are resurrecting it, then instead build a new server platform with the same version of Windows and the same name, then use the following command to build the server as it was before.  This is the recommended approach so that you don't leave lingering objects around in Active Directory that will cause you other problems.

Setup.com /Mode:RecoverServer

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

2018年6月14日 1:04