none
BitLocker-encrypted files copied to USB and ". PFILE"-extensions added... now I can't open them any more

问题

• Hello,

I have copied my encrypted files to a USB-stick a while ago. I now want to retrieve them, but find them being locked / encrypted, with ".PFILE" extension. It is not possible to open them any more, I get the message that this filetype is not supported...

I have the bitlocker password key. How can I unlock the files again?

TX, Menno

2018年1月14日 12:26

全部回复

• Hi,

How did you copy the data from encrypted drive to the USB drive?

As I know, you should unlock the drive, then copy the files out.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018年1月15日 9:03
  • Hi,

How did you copy the data from encrypted drive to the USB drive?

As I know, you should unlock the drive, then copy the files out.

I also have the same issue. Although my files were encrypted with <g class="gr_ gr_36 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="36" id="36">bitlocker</g> on a <g class="gr_ gr_49 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="49" id="49">usb</g> and were never moved.  The files were changed to a .jpg.pfile and are now unopenable. I unlocked the <g class="gr_ gr_432 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="432" id="432">usb</g> but I was unable to view with any program.
    2018年7月11日 21:04