none
OOF not working after failed upgrade attempt

问题

• HI,

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction, I recently tried to upgrade our Exchange 2010 Server to SP3 to enable new TLS version, however the upgrade failed. During it roll back the upgrade appears to had an negative effect. Being virtual I rolled the server back to prior to the update being applied but I notice now every time the server is rebooted, though time looks correct I have to run a command via cmd to resynch it the clock to the DC otherwise I cannot start the information store or system attendant services.

On top of this the ability to set OOF via Outlook 2007 on our terminal servers no longer works  keep getting the dreaded server is unavailable message. I have determined autodiscover is working and the URLS for the virtual directories appear correct, and am able to set OOF via OWA or a terminal server running Outlook 2016. 

I have a feeling TLS maybe the issue or a change in the schema that I believe SP3 does in the background but not sure what I need to check within the Schema.

Many thanks

2018年6月6日 8:43

全部回复

• I wouldn't think a failed Exchange upgrade would affect time synchronization, so perhaps your VM roll-back had other effects.

Setting out-of-office in Exchange 2010 uses Exchange Web Services, so your problem could be related to that virtual directory.  I don't know what your VM roll-back might have changed there.

I don't think TLS has anything to do with either problem.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

2018年6月6日 21:21
  • Thanks Ed,

In this scenario would recreating the Virtual directories be the recommended option?

2018年6月7日 9:01
  • Myself, I'd consider opening a ticket with Microsoft Support.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

2018年6月7日 11:37
  • Thanks Ed,

Do you know if Microsoft Support will offer support for Exchange 2010 and Outlook 2007?

2018年6月12日 11:58
  • As far as I know, Exchange 2010 is still in support but Outlook 2007 isn't.  I recommend you check online yourself to verify.

2018年6月13日 18:11
  • Hi Beovax,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018年6月18日 8:38
    版主
  • Hi,

No still having issues, a bit of a strange one. This only appears to effect Outlook 2007 users. If we try setting out of office in Outlook 2016 or OWA it works no problem.
    When I run the Test email configuration from OLK2007 the results are AutoConfiguration was unable to determine your settings!
    Running he same in OLK2016 Autoconfiguration completes and finds the settings.

Errors appearing for OLK2007

Failed 0x80072EF3
    Failed 0x80004005
    Failed 0x800C8203
    Failed 0x8004010F
    Failed 0x80072EE7
    Failed 0x8004010F

All errors appear when attempting to locate Autodiscover.xml

When creating a new Outlook profile in 2007 Autodiscover is able to pickup the users mailbox and configure OLK2007. Send and Receive email is not effected.

After much troubleshooting I was able to install SP3,but Out of Office in 2007 is still not working.
    2018年6月26日 14:20
  • After installing SP3, did you install update rollup 19?  If you're at SP3 with no update rollup, then you're still five years and 19 update rollups out of date.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/240.exchange-server-and-update-rollup-build-numbers.aspx

2018年6月27日 21:41