none
"Bluetooth Remote Control" in Win7 tray, allegedly Rundll32.exe, anyone seen this before?

问题

• Hi, I just returned to my PC this morning and saw an orange icon with the Bluetooth and Play icons on it, hovering over it says it's "Bluetooth Remote control", any idea if this is a legit windows component? Clicking opens a pretty standard media control (play, pause, stop, next etc) with an expandable volume control, right clicking on the clock and going to "customize notification icons" says it's owned by Rundll32.exe, the one in C:/Windows/System32.

To the best of my understanding, Rundll32.exe also runs subroutines from other dlls, so this may only be half the story, Malwarebyte's scan on memory/startup items shows everything's clean, Symantec Endpoint as well, I'm now running Symantec Endpoint on the entire system, waiting patiently for it to reach the windows folder.

I'm suspicious because Bluetooth has been working only on a primitive level of sending one file at a time and this remote control thing I have absolutely never seen before in the two years I've had the system.

Thanks for taking a look.

2018年7月6日 7:36

全部回复

• Hi, 

Would you upload a screen shot for the option?

According to my know, some third party software have this function to control PC on mobile device via Bluetooth, but I have not heard any information about the Windows build-in function to control PC via Bluetooth.

So please check if you have installed any related software through Control Panel\Program and features, if yes, try to uninstall it. 

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018年7月9日 8:36
    版主
  • Hi,

after I rebooted later that day it hasn't appeared again, as of yet I still have not found anything that might have triggered its activation and I have run most applications I was running at the time since then.

The control panel's programs list doesn't contain anything I can't identify or at least tie to some other piece of (trusted) software, a search through the start menu also doesn't bring up any binaries other than the standard bluetooth driver and software I've always had.

As an afterthought, there's a remote chance I had tried another driver in the past and it kicked in when I transfered a couple of stuff to my phone, but I've done that before with no such results. I transfered a couple more files back and forth but again it didn't reappear.

Thanks for taking a look, I will update post a screenshot if it appears again, I'll also keep a dump of the list of running processes and any other possible data I might come up with that might have some trace of its existence.

2018年7月10日 11:04
  • Hi, 

Thank you for your detail reply and appreciate your monitor if the issue occur again.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018年7月11日 8:59
    版主