none
Issue with Corrupt Contact Group

问题

• I have already asked in the Outlook 2016 forum but it was recommended I check here as well.

I have encountered a very strange issue with a user involving a very large contact group that they have created. The group appears to be corrupted as it cannot be opened from the contact directory stored within the Exchange mailbox (Exchange 2010). I tried to export the contacts and then repair the pst file and connect the data file. When I do this I am able to open the contact group from the pst file and it is usable. If I attempt to delete the contact group from the exchange mailbox I typically get an error but it does appear to be removed. Then if I try to drag the contact group from the pst file (or import) back to the exchange mailbox the exact same behavior occurs which prevents the contact group from working.

I also tried using The MAPI tool to go in and remove the list and then put it back and I still had the same behavior. Which leads me to several questions:

1. Is there a realistic or identifiable limit for contact groups in outlook 2016 (32 bit)? I have looked and found no documentation which explicitly defines this.

2. How can I repair or replace the contact group in the mailbox?

3. Aside from patching the client are there any other things I should be looking for that will prevent this from occurring in the future.

Question 1 was somewhat answered but any additional info as it relates to the exchange mailbox is appreciated.

2018年5月18日 15:41

全部回复

• Have you tried deleting it with OWA?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

2018年5月18日 19:08