none
sccm report: how to list obsoleted computers? RRS feed

• 问题

• Hi , need some advice from you please.  I have few thousands of computers managed by SCCM. i can run hardware report for them. but some computers could have been obsolete fro a few months or years and these computers might not exist in the company for long time already. How can I add a new column in report and run some other report to show the list of obsolete computers so that I can do housekeeping ? Thanks
    2010年8月24日 12:23

答案

• <pre>

for obsolete computers, SCCM has tasks for housekeeping by default, you just need to configure the obsolete criteria. see site settings -- site maintance

for report, firstly, you need to define and accept what is "accurate" for you. you are talking about thousands clients, they are variable, and used by different end users daily, each of them is unique definitely, whatever how much effort you or your orgnization tried to standardized it. So, there are always something not work as expected, you have to accept it, this is similar as our life, right ?  :-)    put more effort normally can only improve very little when you already standardized it.  in my experience, 85% compliance is ok, 90% is good, 95% will be excellent........

at the end, for client issue, you have to check client, not check SCCM.

</pre>

2010年8月31日 6:14
    版主

全部回复

• I ran the report to check those clients never report to SCCM for recent 180 days  . Is there any way verify if these computers not existing, or agent not working, or other reason they didn’t report? I picked one computer to ping and found I was able to ping it actually. This computer not shown in hardware inventory report.

We need an accurate inventory report. Any advice please?

2010年8月25日 9:30
  • <pre>

for obsolete computers, SCCM has tasks for housekeeping by default, you just need to configure the obsolete criteria. see site settings -- site maintance

for report, firstly, you need to define and accept what is "accurate" for you. you are talking about thousands clients, they are variable, and used by different end users daily, each of them is unique definitely, whatever how much effort you or your orgnization tried to standardized it. So, there are always something not work as expected, you have to accept it, this is similar as our life, right ?  :-)    put more effort normally can only improve very little when you already standardized it.  in my experience, 85% compliance is ok, 90% is good, 95% will be excellent........

at the end, for client issue, you have to check client, not check SCCM.

</pre>

2010年8月31日 6:14
    版主