none
widnows 8 Pro additional language(English,other language) package can't be use RRS feed

• 问题

• Windows expert,

i have install a windows 8 chinese simplified on my Lenovo Deskop, then i have bought a windows 8 Pro and upgrade the widnows 8 kChinese simplified Version to PRO, then i have added the English language into the desktop, but after I added it, I can't set it as the main language and can't download the English package, the system display "the language can't be used". I have tried to add other language package, same error I got when I did. please help check if any wrong with the system.

thanks

leon.

Leon Mong

2014年6月16日 2:33

答案

• Hi,

According to your description: "I don't have the windows 8.1 Pro key as it was upgraded from windows 8 Pro". So, the key you have should be Windows upgrade key for Windows 8 to Windows 8 Pro.

In this conditions, if you want to use Windows 8 Pro 64bit English language edition. You need to bought another new Windows OS product. As your Windows 8 edition is chinese simplified which support only one language. You couldn't use other language in this Windows edition.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

2014年6月24日 3:06
    版主

全部回复

• any advise?

Leon Mong

2014年6月16日 6:42
  • any professor can reply me ? a big problem after update from windows 8 中文版 to Windows Pro 8, can't use any other language except Chinese. it display as above picture I took.

thanks

Leon Mong

2014年6月17日 5:16
  • i have install a windows 8 chinese simplified on my Lenovo Deskop, then i have bought a windows 8 Pro and upgrade the widnows 8 kChinese simplified Version to PRO

Hi,

Windows 8 chinese simplified edition was OEM built-in system, isn't it? As far as I know, this edition only could use signle language. While, how did you upgrade your system to Windows 8 pro? System upgrade or fresh install?

What's KChinese?

In my opinion, your problem probably caused by your former system infulenced. Please clear my question.

Roger Lu

2014年6月17日 6:39
    版主
  • Make sure your upgraded system meets all the requirements of the language pack.

For instance:

1. Windows 8、8.1 or 8.1 Updates?
    2. 32 bit or 64 bit?
    3. Retail Edition or OEM Edition(May be modified by your OEM manufacturer)?

Alexis Zhang

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/jie
    http://blogs.itecn.net/blogs/alexis

推荐以 NNTP Bridge 桥接新闻组方式访问论坛。

本帖是回复帖,原帖作者是楼上的 <Leon Mong>;

| i have install a windows 8 chinese simplified on my Lenovo Deskop, then i have bought a windows 8 Pro and upgrade the widnows 8 kChinese simplified Version to PRO,

2014年6月17日 23:18
  • yes, my former windows 8 Chinese simplified is OEM built-in system, but I have buy a new windows Pro 8 and upgrade through "get more features with a new edition of windows". then now the windows version is windows 8 Pro.

Leon Mong

2014年6月18日 5:44
  • 1. the system is windows 8 Pro

2.64bit

3.the former one is OEM Edition, and I have bough a Retail windows 8 PRO to upgrade.

Leon Mong

2014年6月18日 5:47
  • Well, Sice you upgrade your computer from single language edition, this should be the reason of your problem. You mentioned you have bought a new Windows 8 pro, Is it a upgrade key or full product key? If full product key, you may need to reinstall your system to use other languages.

Roger Lu

2014年6月18日 5:50
    版主
  • it is the full product key of the windows 8 Pro, can I get the English 64bit language package instead reinstall the system, I have many desktop upgrade already.

Leon Mong

2014年6月18日 5:58
  • Hi,

You can use Windows 8.1 upgrade assistance tool to download an isntall Windows 8.1. However, to get English X64 version Windows, you need to run the upgrade tool at Windows 8.1 X64 English system, after that, choose to create a installation CD or USB.

Roger Lu

2014年6月18日 6:01
    版主
  • I get below error when I run windows upgrade assistance tool.

Leon Mong

2014年6月18日 6:22
  • Is this tool running on your single language system? Please run it at other Windows 64bits English edition system.

Roger Lu

2014年6月18日 6:24
    版主
  • it is run as windows 8 Pro which I upgraded one from windows 8 OEM

Leon Mong

2014年6月18日 6:40
  • I have been upgraded all windows 8 Chinese OEM desktops to windows 8 Pro.

Leon Mong

2014年6月18日 6:51
  • I get below error when I run windows upgrade assistance tool.

Leon Mong

Hi,

According to the error message, please try to change your current system location to Unite state for test.

In addition, I'm sorry for your situation, but we do need to run this tool at English edition if we want to get English edition Windows.

Roger Lu

2014年6月19日 2:10
    版主
  • same problem, but I'm not sure this problem caused by my MPLS, we have a directly line to New York office and work with the New York office internet line, however I have tried to create a installation media disk, but I don't have the windows 8.1 Pro key as it was upgraded from windows 8 Pro, windows 8 pro key is not working for windows 8.1 setup Program as the picture displayed. I really want o upgraded other Lenovo desktop from windows 8 pro to windows 8.1 pro from the ISO file, and install a English 64bit language.

Leon Mong

2014年6月19日 8:26
  • You'd better make a refresh Windows installation. It is not recommended to upgrade an OEM system with a Retail system Key.

Alexis Zhang

| 1. the system is windows 8 Pro
    | 3.the former one is OEM Edition, and I have bough a Retail windows 8 PRO to upgrade.

2014年6月19日 23:53
  • Do you have a windows 8 PRO 64bit English language package?

Leon Mong

2014年6月24日 0:57
  • Hi,

According to your description: "I don't have the windows 8.1 Pro key as it was upgraded from windows 8 Pro". So, the key you have should be Windows upgrade key for Windows 8 to Windows 8 Pro.

In this conditions, if you want to use Windows 8 Pro 64bit English language edition. You need to bought another new Windows OS product. As your Windows 8 edition is chinese simplified which support only one language. You couldn't use other language in this Windows edition.

Roger Lu

2014年6月24日 3:06
    版主
  • I cannot guarantee this package works with an OEM upgraded system.

Alexis Zhang

| Do you have a windows 8 PRO 64bit English language package?
    |

2014年6月24日 23:49
  • where it is, i want to try withour reinsall the sysetm, thanks.

Leon Mong

2014年6月26日 5:43