none
How can unlock my bitlock drive without key file and password

问题

• Hello

some of my friends told me that i can protected my drive content with bitlocker password.so i turned on my bit-locker properties On my E: drive. and set a numerical password , save BitLocker Recovery Key text file and it start to encrypting my drive such as this window

suddenly i pause and close above window and turn off my computer.but when i powered on my pc it doesn't open my drive with all numerical password that i chosen before.and i search a lot and didn't find my text file recovery password to recover my files with fogot password section.( i search all of *.txt files in my all drives and with the different content but it can't find!!!!)

i do a search in the internet and find nothing.so my all important files and pictures are on my e drive.is it possible to recover them without password and receive text file?does my drive damaged?

here is my e drive output:

Any help would appreciate a lot , Thanks

2013年4月3日 20:15

答案

全部回复

• My friend you require atleast one protector to unlock your drive.

Now when you started the encryption using BitLocker wizard, you supplied a password.

Atleast if you remember this, you can then try:

You mentioned that you saved the BitLocker key to a drive...that should have the key....it is a txt file...

>manage-bde -unlock e: -pw

if you try & it fails, then let us know what is the error message?

Manoj Sehgal

2013年4月4日 1:11
  • Thanks manojseghal for your replay

as i remember when i want to set a password for boitlocker my keyboard letters doesn't work and i only set a numerical password.

i search a lot in my computer with different "search file" and "Data recovery" programs but they can't find the bitlocker recovery text file.

i set three or five numerical password for my other account and ... but none of them work.

it shows me only my password is wrong :(((((

2013年4月5日 5:15
  • manage-bde -unlock e: -pw out put with my passwords:

Error:THe password failed to unlock volume e password

2013年4月5日 5:30
  • try this:

manage-bde -unlock e: -pw

Hit Enter

We will ask you for password:

Type the password and hit enter

Confirm Password:

confirm the password and hit enter

Let me know the error message?

Manoj Sehgal

2013年4月5日 11:13
  • Thanks Dear Manoj

as i type manage-bde -unlock e: -pw and press enter it shows  me  "enter  the password to unlock this volume:"

and as i told before i tested all numerical password that i chosen before but none of them work.

and now when it shows me above statement i hit enter but it doesn't show me confirm password or other things.and only

"Error:THe password failed to unlock volume e password"

it means computer set a random password for my important partition?

2013年4月5日 12:29
  • In BitLocker, if it is a data drive, we do not set a random password for a volume. we always ask user to choose a password.

run this:

manage-bde -protectors -get e:

let me see what protectors you have?

Manoj Sehgal

2013年4月5日 13:35
  • Thanks dear manoj

here is the output:

2013年4月5日 14:15

• Hi,

Please see try to recover the data referring to the method below:

Scenario 16: Using the BitLocker Repair Tool to Recover a Drive
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee523219(v=ws.10).aspx

Repair-bde
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff829851(v=ws.10).aspx

Thanks.

Nicholas Li
    TechNet Community Support

2013年4月8日 5:35
    版主
  • Hi Nicholas Li,

Thanks for above updates, and here i have similar issue. where i know my password but as mentinoed above my system got rebooted while encrypting data for my WD Drive.

I do not have recovery key file except the password i used. Please help me to get resolve this issue.

Thanks

Sridarr

2013年7月22日 1:33
  • Thanks.....

worked fine  ...finally 

2014年4月30日 6:17
  • hello sir when i enter this command the error was

an attempt to access a required resource was denied.

check that  you have administrative rights on the computer.

2014年7月21日 12:45
  • hii..

I forgot my bit-locker password and Recovery Key. also formated my pc two time. so i have no old data to recover. so please help me to unlock this drive .. otherwise my most important official file will lost.. 

• 已建议为答案 Jaga Babu 2015年11月4日 8:44
    • 取消建议作为答案 Jaga Babu 2015年11月4日 8:44
    2015年11月4日 8:43
  • I used this method but it gave me access denied 
    2017年6月12日 19:22
  • If BitLocker Repair Tool and Repair-Be are not able to help you recover lost data, you should try third-party bitlocker data recovery software such as Hasleo bitlocker data recovery and Remo Hard Drive Recovery Pro.
    2017年7月3日 3:29
  • This user did not back up his key and says he forgot his recovery password.  However, I do have the Domain Admin account username and password, which is cached locally.  The problem is it's asking for recovery password before it even gets to login screen when I put this drive in a PC. 

I have the drive mounted on a USB drive kit, it's Drive E:, and I have gotten this far:

TPM:
      ID: {17EEA3A8-FFB1-4E5A-ADE0-B260F9D41E1B}

Numerical Password:
       ID: {66A22FB4-935E-4934-9C4D-087F18DE4C1C}

Is this enough info, together with a domain admin account, to be able to decrypt this data?

Please let me know how if it is.

Thank you,

Darren Singleton MCSE CISSP

2017年10月3日 17:47
  • i get to the point enter the password but cant type anything please assist 

thanks 

2017年10月6日 18:49
  • I have similar situation where RecoveryKey and Recovery password are lost. I have bitlocker password only.

manage-bde -unlock d: -pw

ERROR: The password failed to unlock volumer D:.

Since I dont have recoverpassword getting above error. Please help / suggest how can I unlock my drive.

2017年12月29日 5:08
  • I have similar situation where RecoveryKey and Recovery password are lost. I have bitlocker password only.

manage-bde -unlock d: -pw

ERROR: The password failed to unlock volumer D:.

Since I dont have recoverpassword getting above error. Please help / suggest how can I unlock my drive.

WAQAR

2017年12月29日 5:09
  • i got the above window with those texts but what next to do...?

2018年5月3日 14:03
  • what to do next...?

2018年5月3日 14:04
  • please help me..

2018年5月7日 18:37
  • sir am changing windows 10 to windows 7 then bit lock password showing wrong what can do sir..........please sir help me...am typing a write password but showing a wrong password so what did i do please sir tell me now

2018年5月7日 18:40
  • hi  PLEASE HELP!! windows 10 /  bitlocker was clicked as YES start encryption and while running in backgroudn PC was rebooted so never got to point to put in PW or view the key anywhere.... now only screen i get is the bitlocker recovery key screen. i am on domain but my IT says they cannot see anything on my active directory showing that my PC was encrypted.. when i run cmd protectors i get numerical password ID and TPM: ID  and then PCR validation profile with 0,2,4,8,9,10,11 ....,    what would the default PW or settings be if setup is interrupted and no selection made from user??? Yolanda
    2018年7月30日 19:39
  • when i run cmd - status i get:

size = unknown gb

bitlocker version = 2.0

conversion status = unknown

% encrypted = unknown %

encryption method = AES 256

protection status = unknown

lock status = Locked

ID field = unknown

Auto unlock = Disabled

Key protectors: