none
How to extract user's Junk Mail filter level

问题

• I am trying to find a way to create a report on what level of Junk Mail Filtering our users have set for themselves.

I can use Get-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration to see who has it turned on or off, but not which of the available levels they have it set to:

-No Automatic Filtering

-Low

-High

Safe Lists seems to be the equivalent of "TrustedListsOnly" from Get-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration, but the others I can't find output for.

I've tried looking in msExch AD attributes, ADSI, and so on, but I just can't see a place to get that information.

If a user logs on to two separate PCs, and change the setting on one, it is immediately reflected on the other, so it must be saved to their mailbox somewhere.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2018年5月17日 11:17

全部回复

• Hi,

As per my knowledge, the junk email protection level is an Outlook client feature, so we couldn't set it via powershell or GUI from Exchange server side. 

All settings we can modify in Exchange could be found in the article: Set-MailboxJunkEmailConfiguration.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018年5月18日 6:18
    版主
  • HI, thanks for your reply.

If that is the case, why would the setting change across machines? This seems to indicate that it isn't an Outlook Client setting.

We have tried changing it to variously Low/No Filtering/High/Safe Senders Only, across Citrix, separate fat clients/desktops (Win 7) and OWA, and when it is changed in one location, it also changes on the others.

This is while actively logged in, not after logging out and back in or restarting Outlook. I don't see how that could happen if it was a client-side feature...

2018年5月22日 13:52
  • Hi,

For your concern:
    "If that is the case, why would the setting change across machines? This seems to indicate that it isn't an Outlook Client setting."

While OWA doesn't have this feature, another example: If we add outlook contacts from one machines, we could also see them from other machines, am I right? But Outlook contact is a client feature. 

I just configure a Outlook.com account in my lab, it also has the junk e-mail options, which proves that it is not an Exchange feature.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018年5月23日 9:07
    版主
  • Contacts are saved to your exchange account, unless you very explicitly save them only to the Outlook client, in which case they don't follow your account.

Also, I am not talking about Outlook.com, if I was, I would have posted in that forum. I am talking about Exchange and Outlook.

And of course OWA has this functionality. I tried to attach a screenshot, but technet won't let me.

I appreciate your efforts, but if you don't know the product you are trying to help with, it is usually better to ask someone else first. I suspect someone in your organisation knows Exchange 2010 reasonably well...

2018年5月23日 11:01
  • Hi Lars,

Yes, the level of junk email protection you mentioned is stored in mailbox other than the Outlook client itself. If you use MFCMAPI to logon the mailbox, you would be able to find the property named PR_JUNK_THRESHOLD(known as PidTagJunkThreshold) which indicates the level of junk email protection the user set on the Outlook client.

But AFAIK, there is no native command or report to query this mailbox property from Exchange server side. Using EWS API or other script way would be an option to generate such report, and you may ask help on the Exchange Dev forum on MSDN or StackOverFlow if you have any questions about this API or script.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

2018年5月29日 7:15
    版主