none
How to make LAN zone to be trusted location?

问题

• On newly installed OS I get that warning when opening file:

172.16.200.0/24 network is LAN and it is trusted. How I could tell Windows about it?
    Network location is set to 'private network', ND is on, file sharing is off.

Bobrovskiy Dmitriy

2016年2月12日 18:12

答案

• Hi,

Please try to configure following settings:

To specify your network servers as trusted sites

• In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the Security tab, click Local intranet, and then click Sites.

• Clear the Include all network paths (UNC) check box, and then click OK.

• Select the Trusted sites zone, click Sites, type the path for the download server, and then click Add.

• Repeat the previous step for every download server that you want to specify as trusted.

And this:

1. Control Panel → Network and Intranet → Network and Sharing Center
    2. Bottom left there is a 'See Also' section, click on 'Internet Options'.
    3. Select Local intranet zone on the Security tab then click the Sites button
    4. Click Advanced button
    5. Enter file://[computer name]
    6. Make sure 'Require server verification...' is unticked

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• 已标记为答案 Safety1st 2016年2月15日 18:03
    2016年2月15日 2:32
    版主
  • Hi,

You can deploy the related registry key via GPP under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

For file shared location, it added as below, just for example: Domain name as key name, set a binary value named file and value set as 1.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• 已标记为答案 Safety1st 2016年2月17日 3:12
    2016年2月16日 3:20
    版主

全部回复

• Hi,

Please try to configure following settings:

To specify your network servers as trusted sites

• In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the Security tab, click Local intranet, and then click Sites.

• Clear the Include all network paths (UNC) check box, and then click OK.

• Select the Trusted sites zone, click Sites, type the path for the download server, and then click Add.

• Repeat the previous step for every download server that you want to specify as trusted.

And this:

1. Control Panel → Network and Intranet → Network and Sharing Center
    2. Bottom left there is a 'See Also' section, click on 'Internet Options'.
    3. Select Local intranet zone on the Security tab then click the Sites button
    4. Click Advanced button
    5. Enter file://[computer name]
    6. Make sure 'Require server verification...' is unticked

• 已标记为答案 Safety1st 2016年2月15日 18:03
    2016年2月15日 2:32
    版主
  • Thank you, Kate!

Manually adding subnet record to 'Local Intranet' zone was sufficient. It seems Windows automatically recognizes only 'standard' 192.168.0.0/16 network as 'local' one ;)

Could you also tell the best way to enforce adding my record to all users on computer? If I need use group policy which setting I should choose?

2016年2月15日 20:34
  • Hi,

You can deploy the related registry key via GPP under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

For file shared location, it added as below, just for example: Domain name as key name, set a binary value named file and value set as 1.

• 已标记为答案 Safety1st 2016年2月17日 3:12
    2016年2月16日 3:20
    版主
  • I found more suitable solution for me :)

I manually created all of needed domain & range mappings. Then simply copied them to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap key. Now users even don't see them but use them and also they could make personal mappings.

Sample for my case:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges\Range1]
    "*"=dword:00000001
    ":Range"="172.16.200.5-6"

Bobrovskiy Dmitriy

2016年2月17日 18:01
  • Bobrovskiy,

That's great.

Also, thanks for your sharing here and I have also learn from you.

Have a nice day.

2016年2月18日 2:07
    版主
  • Bobrovskiy -- what is ":Range" and how do i configure that?
    2018年5月7日 17:26