none
when desktop sharing, the Skype for Business freezes RRS feed

• 问题

• Hi,

I have a Skype for Business issue that when the presenter started desktop sharing, the attendee's Skype application freezes after joining a Skype meeting. the Skype version is 32 bit on Windows 10.

I tried below fix, but no luck.

Additionally, if you use the 32-bit version of Skype for Business 2016 on a 64-bit operating system, add the following subkey:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync]
    "EnableConferenceScreenSharingOverVideo"=dword:00000000

2018年11月2日 7:44

全部回复

• Hi,

I have a Skype for Business issue that when the presenter started desktop sharing, the attendee's Skype application freezes after joining a Skype meeting. the Skype version is 32 bit on Windows 10.

Hi,

I would like to collect the following information for further analysis:

1. Confirm if the issue happens to all meeting attendees or only one attendee encounter the freeze issue.
    2. Check if the issue happens when one specific presenter sharing desktop, check if the attendee's Skype freezes when joining other Skype meetings organized by another user.
    3. Collect the detailed Skype for Business client version: Settings > Help > About Skype for Business.
    4. Install the latest updates for Office 2016:
      If you are using volume licensed MSI version of Office 2016, download and install Office updates from Latest updates for versions of Office that use Windows Installer (MSI) 
      If you are using click-to-run version of Office 2016, open Word 2016, go to File > Account > Update Options > Update Now to install latest update.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018年11月5日 7:24
    版主
  • Hi,

1. only one attendee.

2. occurred in different Skype meeting

3. Skype version: 16.0.10325.20118 32 bit4.

4. we are using C2R version, we can't manually update and install latest updates via File - Account - Update Options. we installed the updates via SCCM.

2018年11月6日 8:55
  • Hi Rick,

If the issue happens to one specific attendee for different Skype meeting, I think the issue may be related to current computer. Please try the following settings:

1. Disable third-party anti-virus or anti-spam programs, then restart Windows.
    2. Go to C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync.
    3. Delete the folder named with sip_name@doamin.com.
    4. Restart Skype for Business 2016.

Check if the issue persists.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018年11月7日 10:02
    版主
  • Hi Winnie,

I have tried to deleted SIP folder under C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync, no avail.

but I found a article with a solution, the issue is resolved by below fix.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync]
    "EnableP2PScreenSharingOverVideo"=dword:00000000

Just sharing it, thanks for your help.

2018年11月8日 8:20
  • Hi Winnie,

I have tried to deleted SIP folder under C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync, no avail.

but I found a article with a solution, the issue is resolved by below fix.

"EnableP2PScreenSharingOverVideo"=dword:00000000

Just sharing it, thanks for your help.

Glad that the issue has been fixed and thanks for the solution sharing. You can mark your solution as answer to close the thread.

Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

• 已标记为答案 Rick-Chen 2018年11月8日 9:16
    • 取消答案标记 Rick-Chen 2018年11月19日 8:45
    2018年11月8日 9:09
    版主
  • Hi Winnie,

sorry, actually this issue was not resolved yet as the user faced the issue again. Last time after I applied the above registry, we had tested the Skype meeting with desktop sharing, it didn't run into the issue. But today the issue came it out again, no idea why does it behave. I would like to have a solution to fix it now. currently the Microsoft Office version the user running is 16.0.11001.20074 (this upgraded after the issue occurred).

so far I tried the fix bit all failed:

- upgraded MS Office version to latest version

- Removed all add-ins in Outlook except Skype meeting add-in

- Added registry for "EnableP2PScreenSharingOverVideo" and "EnableConferenceScreenSharingOverVideo", the client is running 32 bit of Skype. https://www.admin-enclave.com/en/articles/skypeforbusiness/314-black-or-frozen-screen-during-screensharing-in-skype-for-business-2016.html

- installed patches KB3115087

- deleted Skype profile C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync.

btw, on the client anti-virus service to disable from admin right, which is controlled by GPO.

Could you please advise any further solution to have a try?

2018年11月19日 9:13
  • Hi Rick,

How about the issue currently? Summarized all information above, we can know the Skype for Business freezing issue only happens to one specific user and occurred when sharing Desktop in the meeting. To narrow down the issue, please check the following scenario:

1. Sign in the Skype for Business client on another computer with this user account, check if the issue can be reproduced when joining the meeting.
    2. Let another user to sign in the Skype for Business client on current computer, check if this user can join the Skype meeting properly.
    3. Sign in Windows with another account on current computer, then sign in the Skype for Business client with the problematic user account.

Please do the test and give us updates for further analysis.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

2018年11月21日 9:55
    版主
  • Hi Winnie,

I have tested per above scenario,

• Sign in the Skype for Business client on another computer with this user account, check if the issue can be reproduced when joining the meeting.

Reply: that user signed in on another computer, then Skype is not crashed during desktop sharing on Skype meeting.

• Let another user to sign in the Skype for Business client on current computer, check if this user can join the Skype meeting properly.

Reply: I signed with my account on current computer, it's also ok during desktop sharing on Skype meeting.

sorry, I haven't got opportunity to test scenario 3.

currently I can't figure out the issue is related to computer or account. one thing I want to clarify is that during desktop sharing on Skype meeting on current computer, if the user don't operate the Skype application like moving Skype meeting window, chat, that's fine that Skype is ok. if moving or drag the Skype Window, it will be crashed.

2018年11月23日 8:08
  • Hi Winnie,

btw, for Scenario 3, Sign in Windows with another account on current computer, then sign in the Skype for Business client with the problematic user account, the hanging issue will not be occurred. does it mean that the user's Skype profile or account settings has issue. what actions could we do?

2018年11月23日 9:03