none
My PC problem or web site problem?

問題

• Does anyone have any suggestions on registration for web site?
    I am using XP with IE7.
    When I try to register a new user account on
    http://www.squares-gann.com/register.php, it shows message about no able to
    register any new account "無法註冊新帳號".
    I have contacted the web master about this issue, he mentions that he has no
    such problem during the registration process, and everyone is able to post
    any question
    everyday. He suggests me to reinstall my window and I.E.or try to use other
    computer to do it, but I have tried to register a new account on two
    different notebooks, and reinstall my XP and get updated, I still have no
    luck to register any new account, web master helps me for registration, so I
    can login, but the problem is not solved, when I try to post any question on
    forum, I get a message "Could not insert forum post".  I have reported my
    case to web master, he mentions that since I cannot register for a new
    account on my computer, the same problem will cause not able to post any
    question on this forum.  I do not have any idea whether my computer causes
    this problem or there is the problem on the web site.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on what cause this problem?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions
    Eric
    2009年2月28日 下午 03:34

解答

• I have CA anti-virus installed in my Server 2008. With my experience, the IE's problem is usually caused by anti-virus.
    I suggest you removing the anti-virus just for testing the issue temporarily.
    After testing, you can install it back to your system.
    If you still don't want to remove it, you can try to check the setting in Norton like firewall, etc...
    In addition, what anti-virus are the different NBs installed? Both Norton Internet Security?
    • 已標示為解答 Vincent Lin 2009年3月3日 上午 03:30
    2009年3月2日 上午 09:25

所有回覆

• I have tried to register a new account in that website. It is worked and didn't show any error.
    I think this might be caused by some IE Add-ons or incorrect settings.
    You can try to reset your IE setting through the actions as below and see if the issue is resolved or not.

1.Close all the IE window.
    2.Open IE , click the "Tools" -> "Internet Options" -> "Advanced" -> "Reset"
    3.After reset, reopen the IE and try the registeration again.

If it cannot solve your issue, you can try to remove/disable your anti-virus then try the registeration again.

2009年3月2日 上午 07:19
  • Thank you very much for your reply
     After reset my IE, and I still cannot register for any account, and receive message "無法註冊新帳號".
    I am using Norton Internet Security, and need to enable it all the time for protection, I can change the setting, but don't know what to change.  Do you use any anti-virus on your PC? How do you know my anti-virus program cause this problem? I can post my question on this forum with no problem.
    Do you have any suggestions on what else I can do?
    Thank you very much for any suggestions
    Eric
    2009年3月2日 上午 08:16
  • I have CA anti-virus installed in my Server 2008. With my experience, the IE's problem is usually caused by anti-virus.
    I suggest you removing the anti-virus just for testing the issue temporarily.
    After testing, you can install it back to your system.
    If you still don't want to remove it, you can try to check the setting in Norton like firewall, etc...
    In addition, what anti-virus are the different NBs installed? Both Norton Internet Security?
    • 已標示為解答 Vincent Lin 2009年3月3日 上午 03:30
    2009年3月2日 上午 09:25
  • Thank everyone very much for suggestions
    Once Norton Internet Security is disable, I can post my question on that forum, but how do I know what cause the problem? therefore, I can set my Norton Internet Security setting for my posting.
    I cannot disable my Norton Internet Security, does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thank everyone very much for any suggestions
    Eric
    2009年3月2日 上午 11:45
  • I am glad to hear the root cause is found.
    I suggest you can call Symantec for help. Because we didn't use that anti-virus so cannot help you to adjust the setting.
    Or you can try to reinstall the anti-virus. In general, this issue should be resolved after reinstalling the anti-virus.
    If can't, you will need to call them for help.

Symantec Support Web
    http://www.symantec.com/zh/tw/norton/support/index.jsp

2009年3月3日 上午 03:30