Browser IE vs Mozilla RRS feed

• 一般討論

• I have installed both browser of IE8 and Mozilla Firefox.  Tried to enable IE the default browser in the Tools options and uncheck Firefox as default that I found the Firefox still hooks as default broswer.

Kindly advise solution.

Thanks & regards

Andrew Wong

Andrew Wong
    2011年1月3日 上午 08:39

所有回覆

• Hi AndrewWong

01. Click "Start," then "Run." Type "regedit" (without the quotes) and press "Enter."

02. Use the left pane like a directory tree to navigate to "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\http\shell\open\command."

03. Double-click on "default" in the right pane.

04. Change the contents of the "value data" field to the path of the executable for the program you want to use. For example, if you want to use Internet Explorer as your default browser, type:
    "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" -nohome

If you want to use Firefox, type:
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla\FIREFOX.EXE -url "%1"

Note: both of these commands must be typed exactly, including the quotation marks. Check online for precise information on path settings for your desired browser

學生們一定要試試,不是學生的也大家告訴大家,一起為台灣加油!

2011年1月3日 上午 09:49
  • Hi Lissam,

Thanks, it works.

Just a brief note that Microsoft outlook 2007 could load any embedded html from Mozilla Firefox as default browser.

Rgds

Andrew

Andrew Wong
    2011年1月4日 上午 01:18
  • Hi AndrewWong

I'm not sure what you mean.
    Could you can add description, please

2011年1月4日 上午 03:04
  • Hi!

Is [File Types] / [URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol'] using Internet Explorer ? 

歡迎參觀我的Blog.NET菜鳥自救會
    2011年1月4日 上午 03:14
  • Hi Lissam,

Sorry, I missed the words "NOT" between "could load" previously.

When Mozilla Firefox was set as default browser, I encountered a problem to browse the html link in the Microsoft Outlook email [error message was a problem in the browser somehow], ie to click the link could not direct me to the sender's weblink but with the cursor waves running...

See your resolution.

Thanks & regards

Andrew

Andrew Wong
    2011年1月4日 上午 07:52
  • I am using Microsoft Outlook 2007 that I could not find the snapshot accordingly, are you using outlook express?

Andrew

Andrew Wong
    2011年1月4日 上午 07:54
  • Hi AndrewWong

Give me some time to creat lab and try your issue.

Because i'm use office 2010 so can't reproduce your issue.

2011年1月5日 上午 01:51
  • Hi AndrewWong

The Snapshot Accordingly Only for office 2010, so the office 2007 can't find this function.

2011-01-11_103704.jpg

2011年1月11日 上午 02:47
  • Hi Lissam,

Edited the registry that I could manage to set and use IE as default browser, however, it doesn't work in Microsoft Outlook 2007;  clicking embedded weblink shall again employ Mozilla.

Kindly advise solution accordingly.

Many thanks & regards

Andrew

Andrew Wong
    2011年8月30日 上午 06:24