none
Cannot add mailbox folder permission at all

問題

• Hi everyone,

I am experiencing a very weird issue when tried adding a permission to a mailbox folder using EMS. My setup is hybrid (O365 + Exchange 2010 SP3). Before you ask, both mailbox are resides on premise.

PS C:\Users\Administrator> Add-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity USERA:\calendar -AccessRights reviewer -User USERB
    Add-MailboxFolderPermission : The user "USERB" was found in Active Directory but isn't valid to use for permissi
    ons. Try an SMTP address instead.
    At line:1 char:28
    + Add-MailboxFolderPermission <<<<  -Identity USERA:\calendar -AccessRights reviewer -User USERB
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (0:Int32) [Add-MailboxFolderPermission], InvalidInternalUserIdException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : EC93F86A,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.StoreTasks.AddMailboxFolderPermission

PS C:\Users\Administrator> Add-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity USERA:\calendar -AccessRights reviewer -User SMTPADDRESS Add-MailboxFolderPermission : The user "SMTPADDRESS is either not valid SMTP address, or there is no match
    ing information.
    At line:1 char:28
    + Add-MailboxFolderPermission <<<<  -Identity USERA:\calendar -AccessRights reviewer -User SMTPADDRESS 
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (0:Int32) [Add-MailboxFolderPermission], InvalidExternalUserIdException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : 54AA5D19,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.StoreTasks.AddMailboxFolderPermission

FYI, I also try using set mailbox but it is already a regular type.

PS C:\Users\Administrator> Set-Mailbox -Identity USERB -Type regular
    Set-Mailbox : Couldn't convert the mailbox because the mailbox "USERB" is already of the type "Regular".
    At line:1 char:12
    + Set-Mailbox <<<<  -Identity USERB -Type regular
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (FQDN/USERB:ADObjectId) [Set-Mailbox], TaskArgument
       Exception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DC658045,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.SetMailbox

Just to add, I can add other user such as USERC to USERA mailbox folder permission.

PS C:\Users\Administrator> Add-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity USERA:\calendar -AccessRights reviewer -User USERC

FolderName   : Calendar
    User         : USERC
    AccessRights : {Reviewer}
    Identity     : USERC
    IsValid      : True

I am at lost here.

2018年7月11日 上午 05:04

所有回覆

• Hi M,

According to your description, it seems that adding one specific user (UserB) permission to others encounter this weird issue. Right?

Please compare the UserB with UserC in ADSIEdit and check if the attribute "msExchRecipientDisplayType" is different or not. If the value is different, change it to the same as UserC, then try adding the permission again.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018年7月12日 上午 06:38
    版主
  • Hi M,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018年7月20日 上午 08:41
    版主