none
SharePoint Services 2.0使用SQL Server 2005 Express with Advance Edition RRS feed

• 問題

•  

Hi ,

請問各位,我想利用SQL Server 2005 Express with Advance Edition的Full Text Search的功能來讓sharepoint service可以使用全文檢索,我使用in-place upgrade的方式讓WMSDE升級到SQL Server 2005 Express,安裝過程中我有選擇安裝Full Text Search,安裝也都順利完成.

進入sharepoint的管理畫面,點選Full Text Search,頁面卻顯示此電腦的資料庫不支援全文檢索.

請問各位,升級之後還有哪些動作是必要再做的呢?

請幫忙指教

謝謝!

stephen.

2008年4月4日 下午 03:55

解答

• Hi , Well :

Thanks for your informaiton.

I still get trouble operating the catalog creation.

I will describe the scenario what I happen to.

If I am wrong , please point it out.

1. I connect to the server by SQL Server Management Studio Express , it show two Server name I could choose.

one is sqlsvr , another is sqlsvr\sharepoint.

2. so, I think I get two instances in my server  , one is for WSUS , one is for SharePoint.

3. I choose sqlsvr\sharepoint , and then connect with windows authentication.

4. Open the databases folders , I found three databases. - System Database ; STS_Config ;STS_sqlsvr_1 .

5. According to your article, I need to go to the database which I want to use fulltext. So , I use STS_sqlsvr_1.

6. Then , I execute the command which you provide. and I get error outcome.

[Msg 7609, Level 17, State 2, Procedure sp_fulltext_database, Line 46
        Full-Text Search is not installed, or a full-text component cannot be loaded.]

Then , I check the SQLServer Fulltext Search(MSSQLSERVER) service , and it started.

so , what may the problem casue this ?

Please help to give some suggestions.

Great thanks.

stephen.

2008年4月23日 上午 09:11

所有回覆

• Dear:

1. Make sure that you download the version of SQL Server Express with the additional full-text search capabilities. This is the larger one of the two downloads possible.
    2. Read up a bit on Full Text Search concepts.
    1. Making the Catalog
      Now you need to create a full-text catalog. The catalog seems to be a container to put all your full-text indexes into. So, if you are going to need to search the text of three tables, you make three indexes (one for each table) and put all three indexes in the one catalog.
      WARNING: Some of the information of the Microsoft website relates to the full version of SQL Server, such as the "Storage folder" that Express doesn't have. Don't panic, you just need to create the catalog by hand, rather than through the Management Interface.
      For my application, I just made one catalog and put two of my indexes into it. From what I understand, if your indexes are going to be huge, you should make a separate catalog for each index. Here is how to make a catalog:
    2. Start SQL Server Management Studio Express, and connect to your database.
    3. Click on New Query to get a box where you can type raw SQL.
    4. Type:
      use mydatabase
      go
      EXEC sp_fulltext_database 'enable'
      go
      CREATE FULLTEXT CATALOG mycatalog
      go
    5. Click "Execute" to run the SQL. This will enable fulltext searching on the database, and create the catalog, which is in fact a folder on your computer called "mycatalog" somewhere within the Microsoft SQL Server folder. If your catalog is going to be HUGE, it may be worth researching some extra parameters for this command to tell it where to put the catalog, e.g. on a different disk to the database itself. This would be for performance improvement more than anything else.

2008年4月19日 上午 07:51
  • Hi , Well :

Thanks for your informaiton.

I still get trouble operating the catalog creation.

I will describe the scenario what I happen to.

If I am wrong , please point it out.

1. I connect to the server by SQL Server Management Studio Express , it show two Server name I could choose.

one is sqlsvr , another is sqlsvr\sharepoint.

2. so, I think I get two instances in my server  , one is for WSUS , one is for SharePoint.

3. I choose sqlsvr\sharepoint , and then connect with windows authentication.

4. Open the databases folders , I found three databases. - System Database ; STS_Config ;STS_sqlsvr_1 .

5. According to your article, I need to go to the database which I want to use fulltext. So , I use STS_sqlsvr_1.

6. Then , I execute the command which you provide. and I get error outcome.

[Msg 7609, Level 17, State 2, Procedure sp_fulltext_database, Line 46
        Full-Text Search is not installed, or a full-text component cannot be loaded.]

Then , I check the SQLServer Fulltext Search(MSSQLSERVER) service , and it started.

so , what may the problem casue this ?

Please help to give some suggestions.

Great thanks.

stephen.

2008年4月23日 上午 09:11