none
How to recreate missing meetings in a shared calendar?

問題

• Hi, I first posted this in the Outlook forum but was asked to post this here, I am hoping someone can assist.

Quick background of the problem. Exchange 2010, Outlook 2016 (O365).

We have a user, User1, who has access to a shared group mailbox, Shared1.

User1 books meetings as Shared1 and they should appear in Shared1 calendar. However, due to issues with Outlook cached mode and more than 500 folders, the meetings never made it to the Shared calendar.

The shared calendar is now working OK as we unticked "Download shared folders" in cache mode options. That's all well and good.

BUT, and this is my problem I need help with. Those invites have gone out to the invitees and they are in their calendars. This is directors and VIPs, so we don't want to be messing them about if at all possible. But, the meetings are missing from the Share1 mailbox they were supposed to be sent from.

We have the calendar items in the users SENT items folder, we can see them.

Is there some way to replay these messages using the entries in sent items?

I've had a test on my PC, and I can't find any way. I have been googling for days (weeks now).

I really need a way to fix this as not only is this to a whole load of VIPs, it's also a whole load of calendar invites spanning the next 2 years.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks - James

2018年5月17日 上午 09:28

解答

• That's correct, the meeting organizer has to resend the meeting.

If the meeting organizer is no longer in existence, you'll have to send a message to the recipients asking them to delete the recurring meeting and the new organizer can create a new meeting.

To add a meeting attendee, remove the shared mailbox from the meeting, save the meeting, then add the shared mailbox back as an attendee and elect to send the update only to that attendee.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

2018年5月18日 下午 06:24

所有回覆

• What service pack and update rollup of Exchange 2010 are you running?

>>> Is there some way to replay these messages using the entries in sent items?

What do you mean by replay?  You should be able to open a message in Sent Items and select to resend it, if that's what you mean.

Calendaring often is problematic when you have multiple fingers in the same calendar all working different kinds of devices and software at various versions and revisions.  See the below links for good advice on how to resolve these kinds of issues.  In particular, try to have just one person on one client platform making all updates to calendars.

http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/exchange-outlook-calendaring-problems-lost-me

http://www.networkworld.com/community/ExchangeCalendaringProblemSolutions

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

2018年5月17日 下午 08:10
  • Hi Ed,

Thanks for the reply. Exchange 2010 SP3 ru21.

When we go to do just that (forward sent item to shared mailbox), it says we can't as we are the meeting organizer.

I don't have the exact message as I am not on site with the user (have asked someone to check).

Will let you know if they come back.

Really odd, meeting is not in the shared calendar, even in OWA, but it doesn't want us to add it in by resending.

I'm not even sure if that method would work, the only reason I tried that was it seemed logical.

Might be irrelevant after this week anyway as they are migrating to O365 this weekend.

Thanks for links, can send that advice on to the customer as a food for thought post migration.

2018年5月18日 下午 03:57
  • That's correct, the meeting organizer has to resend the meeting.

If the meeting organizer is no longer in existence, you'll have to send a message to the recipients asking them to delete the recurring meeting and the new organizer can create a new meeting.

To add a meeting attendee, remove the shared mailbox from the meeting, save the meeting, then add the shared mailbox back as an attendee and elect to send the update only to that attendee.

2018年5月18日 下午 06:24
  • Hi james-slack,

Any update now?
    If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as answer for helping more people.

Regards, 

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018年5月22日 上午 09:10
  • Hi Ed, we are still mid migration so in a bit of chaos at the moment so probably wont get time to look at this till next week.

However, with regard to your below statement:

"To add a meeting attendee, remove the shared mailbox from the meeting, save the meeting, then add the shared mailbox back as an attendee and elect to send the update only to that attendee."

How does that work if User1 sent this AS the shared mailbox, as in, Shared1 was the organiser BUT due to the MAPI session issue we had at the time, the meeting never made it in to Shared1's calendar?

Would we be able to do this from User1's account, if User1 did it as Shared1?

Thanks

2018年5月25日 上午 09:30
  • You can follow my other suggestion to recreate the meeting.

2018年5月25日 下午 04:27
  • "You can follow my other suggestion to recreate the meeting."

Ah, if it was only 1 meeting and not nearly 3 years worth of meeting with lots of VIPs from both within the company and externally this would be easy.

It does look like that is what is going to need to happen though, as we have explored all other avenues.

Very frustrating as all attendees got the meeting invites OK and we even have the sent items... so close.

Seems to be a really common issue sadly, at least we have sorted the root cause out now so this should not happen in the future.

Thanks

2018年6月7日 上午 10:19