none
IMAP4 Connection Limits

問題

• I have an Exchange 2010 SP3 server and another Linux server running Fetchmail which uses IMAP to connect to Exchange every minuted to pull email. Fetchmail is randomly have errors connecting. My current theory is that Exchange has some kind of limit for IMAP as far as number of connections in a set amount of time. However when I look at connection limits in the EMC they all look sufficient. I'm wondering if there are limits set somewhere in the registry that are no displayed in the EMC that I would need to change to correct the issue.

So far Outlook and other clients show no issues connecting with IMAP, but I have two Linux servers with Fetchmail that are having this issue.

Vincent Sprague

2018年7月11日 下午 02:33

所有回覆

• Hi,

Do you configure connection limitation by IMAP setting? Run below command to check:
    Get-ImapSettings | FL Max*

Also, it might be limited by throttling policy, you can run below command to check:
    Get-ThrottlingPolicy | FL IMAP*
    Figure as below:

More information, for your reference: Exchange 2010 Client Access Throttling

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018年7月12日 上午 06:15
    版主
  • When I run Get-ImapSettings | FL Max* it shows me this:

MaxCommandSize            : 10240
    MaxConnections            : 2000
    MaxConnectionFromSingleIP : 2000
    MaxConnectionsPerUser     : 32

This also matches what I see in the EMC.

When I run Get-ThrottlingPolicy | FL IMAP* it shows the IMAP entries and they are all blank.

Both of my CAS servers return the same information. Yet, Fetchmail appears to work fine one the older CAS server (SP1) but not the newer (SP3) server.

Vincent Sprague

• 已編輯 Baron164 2018年7月12日 下午 04:01
    2018年7月12日 下午 03:59
  • For testing, we can set them to Unlimited for Throttling Policy.

Also, check the Application log by Event Viewer to find more information.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018年7月13日 上午 01:37
    版主