none
WSS 3.0 Cannot search RRS feed

• 問題

• I complete a basic installation of WSS 3.0. It shows the default team site. But, after I upload some Word documents and add some tasks, I cannot search these documents and tasks while I use the search box.

I go to the Central Administration, then Operation, then Timer Job Status, I see that the SharePoint Services Search Refresh is Succeeded.

I go to the Central Administration, then Operation, then Services on Server, then Windows SharePoint Services Search Service Settings, I see that the Service Account is set to "Predefined - Local Service".

How do I fix it?

Thanks a lot.

Joe.

2007年8月14日 上午 07:01

解答

• Hi, Joe

Have you resolved the problem?

I take 2 days to build a basic installation mode and found the setting of search service is as your mention.

And, the search dosen't work when Content Access Account is Predefined.

So I try to use "server\administrator" on Content Access Account and Indexing Schedule set as Every 1 Minutes.

Then the search is work.

But I really don't know why were you get "The username and password enterd are not valid"? Wrong password?

Or, you can create a new domain account, whatever.

Then use this account and fill out the Content Access Account, and try it again.

Hope this can help you!

Angi

2007年8月17日 上午 03:54
    版主

所有回覆

• Hi, Joe,

Really? Using basic installation mode is use Local Service?

I haven't use this mode but the hint on Service Account write:

The search service account must not be a built-in account in order to access the database. Examples of built-in accounts are Local Service and Network Service.

Did you see this?

So, you can create a windows account or use administrator account, then fill out as Domain\User (Anginb\Administrator).

Last, you can reference this: http://blog.blueshop.com.tw/angi/archive/2006/11/24/45333.aspx

Angi

2007年8月14日 上午 09:18
    版主
  • Thanks Angi.

I go to your blog and find that the screen on my server is different from yours.

On the Service Account: there are two radio buttons Predefined and Configurable.

It is default to Predefined and choose the Local Service from a dropdown list.

Also, the Content Access Account is the same as Service Account with Predefined to Local Service.

Are we using different version of WSS ?

I first stop the Windows SharePoint Services Search Service.

Then, I try to type in user name and password according to your blog. I select the Configurable and type "myserver\administrator" as user name and supply the password.

But it always shows me that "The username and password entered are not valid."

I have no idea. Can you help?

Thanks,

Joe.

2007年8月15日 上午 06:13
  • Hi, Joe

Have you resolved the problem?

I take 2 days to build a basic installation mode and found the setting of search service is as your mention.

And, the search dosen't work when Content Access Account is Predefined.

So I try to use "server\administrator" on Content Access Account and Indexing Schedule set as Every 1 Minutes.

Then the search is work.

But I really don't know why were you get "The username and password enterd are not valid"? Wrong password?

Or, you can create a new domain account, whatever.

Then use this account and fill out the Content Access Account, and try it again.

Hope this can help you!

Angi

2007年8月17日 上午 03:54
    版主