none
Error msg while configuring monitoring server RRS feed

• 問題

• Today I tried to build a new BI server in our server. The following is the related information of our server.

- DB : SQL Server 2008 SP1

I have installed the following service & server

- Proclarity

- MOSS SP1

- PPS (including monitoring server) SP1&SP2

When I tried to configure the monitoring server, a error message is show “error 1 : the server instance xxxxx is existed” (錯誤1 : 伺服器主體 Server\administrator 已經存在)

Is there any one could help me?

tks

2009年11月17日 下午 05:18

解答

• I found the cause of the proble.  After I installed SQL Serer 2008, our MIS change the name of the server.
    Thus SQL Server has added the administrator into login account into SQL Server 2008, and the name at that moment is "Serer A\administrator" and the guid is "102321002032001asdsad" .
    When I try to install the monitoring server, it will check the account is existed or not. Because the account "Server B\administrator" is not in SQL Server, system will try to create it.
    But the "Server B\administrator" will map to the same GUID of  "Server A\administrator", the server will tell you " The server principal 'xxx' already exists".

Finally, I rename the acount "Serer A\administrator" to ""Serer B\administrator", and it will not show the message again.

• 已標示為解答 陳阿固 2009年11月18日 下午 01:01
    2009年11月18日 下午 12:59

所有回覆

• Sql instance or AS instance? Is server\administrator instance name? Sounds login name to me.
    2009年11月18日 上午 03:18
  • Sorry, I tranfered wrong yesterday, I think the corrected message is "Error 1:  The server principal 'xxx' already exists."
    because I installed tranditional version, I don't know the right message in enlish version.

thanks,
    2009年11月18日 上午 09:10
  • I found the cause of the proble.  After I installed SQL Serer 2008, our MIS change the name of the server.
    Thus SQL Server has added the administrator into login account into SQL Server 2008, and the name at that moment is "Serer A\administrator" and the guid is "102321002032001asdsad" .
    When I try to install the monitoring server, it will check the account is existed or not. Because the account "Server B\administrator" is not in SQL Server, system will try to create it.
    But the "Server B\administrator" will map to the same GUID of  "Server A\administrator", the server will tell you " The server principal 'xxx' already exists".

Finally, I rename the acount "Serer A\administrator" to ""Serer B\administrator", and it will not show the message again.

• 已標示為解答 陳阿固 2009年11月18日 下午 01:01
    2009年11月18日 下午 12:59