none
Exchange 2010: Auditing Event & Server Role

問題

• I'm just implementing an Exchange event audit solution. I haven't used 2010 or greater. I'm finding that 2010< have sever roles: Hub Transport, Client Access, and Mailbox Server. The software I have collects information such as: email created, deleted, folder created deleted, message downloaded, read. I'm wondering which server role is responsible for collecting this information. I believe it is the Client Access Role.
    2018年7月12日 下午 03:47

所有回覆

• Hi,

Based on your description, your question is mainly about Microsoft Exchange Server, so, I have moved your thread to TechNet – Exchange Server 2010, relate product expert may provide more suggestion.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2018年7月13日 上午 07:53
  • Hi Jjclay,

Based on your needs, you need to check the mailbox audit logs in Exchange 2010, log entries are stored in the Recoverable Items folder in the audited mailbox, in the Audits subfolder and retained in the mailbox for 90 days and then deleted. So, logs are stored in mailbox server role actually, however, you can also search them in each server role whatever using Exchange management console (EMC) or Exchange management shell (EMS).

Details see: Understanding Mailbox Audit Logging

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018年7月16日 上午 09:40
    版主
  • Hi Jjclay,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018年7月24日 上午 09:25
    版主