none
Exchange 2010 Email Address policy

問題

• Hi

I have Exchange 2010 in our organisation and we currently have two email address polices default and Users

we are changing company name from CompanyA to CompanyB and also changing domain name.

currently the priorities are default is lowest and users is 1. Users is set as the reply address

what I want to know is if I create a new policy will it in any way effect the current email reply address.

ideally we want to be able to have everything configured before the day of the change and then change the reply address to CompanyB and leave CompanyA as a secondary address.

thanks in advanced

2018年5月31日 下午 09:08

解答

所有回覆

• Hi Jascon,

As per my understanding you want to change the email domain address. you want to keep everything on ready state so that on the time of changing name you might just flip the switch and everything get start from the New domain.

Basically First you need to add the new domain on the you Exchange Accepted domain

After that modify your Email address policy by adding the new domain as of below:

you will start to see this email address on your users email addresses.

Finally on the day of switching. you just select your new domain email address format and set it as "Make this format the reply email address" which makes your new email address as a primary on all the users.

Cheers,
    Aerrow
    Blog: pdhewaju.com.np
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers.

2018年6月1日 上午 02:51
  • Hi Jason,

If you create a new email address policy, the priority would be 2, it will not affect the current email address policy which the priority is 1, the reply address still use the email address in Users policy unless you change the priority of newly created policy from 2 to 1 and apply it. 

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018年6月1日 上午 08:24
    版主
  • hi Both

Just to be clear which option should i be doing?

Should i be adding a new E-mail address policy as in companyB - users with a priority of 2 and with a policy that applies to user with an exchange mailbox which is not set as the reply address

or should i add the new email address to the existing policy companyA - Users

Just to be clear i am using exchange 2010

Thanks

2018年6月1日 上午 10:05
  • Hi Jason,

you can edit the existing policy. and at the time of switching you can just mark that "Make this format the reply email address"

Cheers,
    Aerrow
    Blog: pdhewaju.com.np
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers.

2018年6月1日 下午 02:27
  • Hi Jason,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

2018年6月14日 上午 02:40
    版主