Recently I have not been able to launch the Technet Virtual labs for Systems Center Operations Manager 2007. I get the following message after the lab starts to build:
We're sorry, but your request has failed.
Please try again later or contact customer service to address the issue.
I used a few of the labs late last week and early this week, but now I get that error every time I try them. I've cleared my IE cache, rebooted, and even logged in under another i.d. on my laptop. The SCOM 2012 labs seem to work, but that's not what we're using.
Is the problem on Microsoft's side?
I had similar issues:
a) Trying to logon to the virtual lab advertised on Technet did not result in any possibility to try out SQL Server 2012 and Analysis Services which is what I was hoping for. I also wanted to find out a bit more about MOM however, I cannot seem to get through the configurations and have no idea which server to install services upon (i.e. through Add Roles), as I am not familiar with the environment. Is there some documentation on the virtual lab and the software it includes. I was also disappointed that I could not use some apps e.g. Skype but this is not such an issue considering this is meant to be a server, so it might be intentional. The problem is that I would like to learn and I do not yet have the environment to try out Analysis services and other products.
b) I tried downloading an ISO file for evaluating Windows Server 64 bit, however, it does not load up on Virtual Box, with error 0x000000, which seems to be like a stop error.
Can someone check about this please?
Jon C. https://www.facebook.com/camilleri.jon http://mt.linkedin.com/in/jonathancamilleri/
1) responding to an 'answered' thread with a new question is a bad idea, because new posts are often missed in 'answered' threads since the answer was already found. If you have a new issue, feel very free to start a new thread.
2) If you need help with Virtual Labs,
- start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/virtuallabs/default
- click "View System Requirements for Virtual Labs" in the red box (*not* the 'support' link at the top, sorry this is confusing)
- Find this text at the top:
MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support