none
The Application Virtualization Client Could Not Launch

Question

• the requested package does not exit on the server.report the following error code to your system administrator.

error code:4604EE8-24603C0A-40000194.

ANY HELP?/

Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:34 AM

Answers

• APP-V Client is trying to stream the application from the streaming server but can't find the SFT file. Ensure the path in your HREF is correct. You may have the app in a different location to what is in your OSD.

Alternatively, you don't have an APP-V Streaming server setup at all and your APP-V Client is setup to stream rather than use AllowIndependentFileStream. But I assume you do want to stream and it's the former rather than the latter

Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon
    • Edited by RorymonMVP Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:47 AM Added incase it's not meant to be streaming
    • Proposed as answer by Aaron.ParkerMVP, Moderator Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by sabbathkeeper Thursday, December 29, 2011 11:22 AM
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:46 AM
  • App-V Error: 4A-40000194

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:41 AM
  • There's no scripting involved - have you checked the package OSD files and the path to the SFT file listed in those?

It's worth reading the SCCM white papers and documentation to understand how the App-V client behaves when SCCM is delivering applications:

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, December 29, 2011 11:22 AM

All replies

• APP-V Client is trying to stream the application from the streaming server but can't find the SFT file. Ensure the path in your HREF is correct. You may have the app in a different location to what is in your OSD.

Alternatively, you don't have an APP-V Streaming server setup at all and your APP-V Client is setup to stream rather than use AllowIndependentFileStream. But I assume you do want to stream and it's the former rather than the latter

Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon
    • Edited by RorymonMVP Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:47 AM Added incase it's not meant to be streaming
    • Proposed as answer by Aaron.ParkerMVP, Moderator Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:32 AM
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:46 AM
  • You should check these two things:

• Path in OSD file (like Rorymon said): Open the OSD file of your package, the path to the .sft file is probably wrong.
    • Package File Relative Path: Open the Packages-section in the App-V Management Console, browse to your package and verify the path to the SFT is correct.
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:36 AM
  • App-V Error: 4A-40000194

Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:41 AM
  • thank you for your response.

to be honest not so good in scripting,can you make it alittle clearer for me where to check for above mentioned answer.

idid pick up that my source package "sft. name " is different to my sequenced one and don't understand how that could've happend.

i also forgot to mention that i'm streaming it from the SCCM Server.
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 10:42 AM
  • There's no scripting involved - have you checked the package OSD files and the path to the SFT file listed in those?

It's worth reading the SCCM white papers and documentation to understand how the App-V client behaves when SCCM is delivering applications:

Thursday, December 29, 2011 11:22 AM