none
Software Updates - SCUP!

Question

• So I was having a discussion with one of my peers here and we were discussing ways to better say on to of software updates. We're a small hospital with not the largest of IT departments but we recently moved up to System Center 1607. Well his though was to look into using SCUP, but the more i looked into the more i couldn't find companies that put out catalog for it.  So i gotta ask, who's still using SCUP? if you, are where are you getting you're catalogs from? if you're not what methods have you come up with to tackle the constant software updates that companies are going through to make sure your systems aren't vulnerable to outside threats?
    Saturday, January 28, 2017 12:59 AM

All replies

• SCUP?

SCUP is simply a tool to create an update catalog. This can be a catalog created by a vendor, a third-party, or you. These catalogs can contain updates for anything you want.

https://patchmypc.net/supported-products-scup-catalog

For creating custom updates, see this: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh134756.aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 30, 2017 3:03 AM
  • I get what it is... and how it can be utilized... but how many companies are putting out update catalogs for SCUP that IT professionals can use. PATCHMYPC.NET is great and all, and they have found awesome spot in a market where there really isn't any body doing what they do (surprisingly). You would think that MS being as large as it is would have a list a vendors they work with that support SCUP and put out catalogs on a regular basis. I've found one or two companies that acknowledge SCUP and publish their catalogs on there sites, but outside of that it a lot of do it yourself, which is cool and all but it's a lot of hassle feels like for, something that could be really productive.
    Monday, January 30, 2017 7:21 PM