Windows 10 Error code 0x80004005 RRS feed

• Question

• Tried all sorts to get the early Preview version of Windows 10 to update... but it wont.

..........but even MS Store will not open...

I just get the error code-

0x80004005

W8.1 Laptop updated to preview W10 approx x3 months ago..

i7 Dynabook. SSd, 8Gb Ram.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 3:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi rogerthat,

Thank you for your question.

When did you get the error code which is “0x80004005”?

If you get the error when we upgrade to Window 10, we could refer to the following link to check if the issue persist:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-update-failure-0x80004005/9ff516de-6ddf-4ca6-ac6a-4154d94cb735

If you have upgraded it to Window 10 and have error 0x80004005 when you activate, we could go to startmenu, then select Settings > Update & security > Activation, and then select Activate Windows to try and manually activate Windows. If that doesn't work, you might need to reset your PC by the following link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know.

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Bruce Wooding Saturday, August 15, 2015 1:17 AM
    Friday, August 7, 2015 7:06 AM
  • I had the same problem and I was also getting error code 0x8004102A.  I did the updates and nothing happened then I opened my Outlook.com, then opened Outlook and removed my email and closed Outlook.  Then reopened Outlook and re-entered my email and let the Web configure the information needed and both error codes are gone. 
    Thursday, September 17, 2015 1:46 PM
  • You are seriously joking? A mail error code can result in a Windows 10 recovery scenario? I though MS had gone forward here with Win10 or are we just getting lazy the further down the coding road we go?
    Tuesday, June 7, 2016 6:30 PM
  • I got the same error and the same issue with the store not opening. I went to settings, all settings, email and accounts and clicked on my outlook.com account.  A window opened telling me that it needed attention. I could "Manage" or "Fix" the issue. I clicked "fix" and was told that my account was updated successfully.  The store did not open still so I am off to reboot and try again.

Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:05 AM