none
SCCM 1606 hotfix issue

Question

• Hello,

I just updated  my SCCM 1606 with 1606 hotfix. All was ok before i upgraded. all site components was on green. Update passed without any warning. I was happy... for 5 minutes.

Site components began to send warnings and I see this in some logs:

ERROR: Still waiting for SMS_INBOX_MANAGER to create the "Site Control Manager (Master Site Control File)" inbox.  Sleeping for 60 seconds.  The operating system reported error 5: Acces denied.

I don't know what append ! I'm a noob with sccm ( 1 week pre-prod testing ).

Is there a solution for this problem ?

scuz my english.

Thursday, February 2, 2017 10:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

SCCM 1606?

System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) 1606

Please refer to the log files CMUpdate.log, hman.log and SMSProv.log to know the status/progress of the SCCM CB upgrade process.

Otherwise, this forum is used for resolving System Center Essentials related issues. You may also post this to the correct forum to get more effective help.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=ConfigMgrCB

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 6, 2017 7:20 AM
  • Hello,

Update changed NTFS permissions and did ans error (I think). I just re-propagate NTFS permissions of "XX:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\inboxes" folder to it's subfolders.

I don't know if this is the "good way" to solve this issue but it worked for me.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 7:55 AM
  • Hi,

Glad to hear that and thanks for your sharing.

Have a nice day.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017 8:11 AM