Remove Services assigned to Exchange Certificate RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to remove services assigned to a certificate without removing the certificate from the server.  I have tried the "Remove-ExchangeCertificate -Thumbprint <cert_thumbprint> -Services "None" -Verbose" and then restarted IIS (Just to make sure).  This hasn't worked.  Any assistance here, greatly appreciated.
    Monday, April 29, 2013 5:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you removing from self singed certificate or 3rd Party Certificate? If above certificate is already assigned by any services (SMTP,IIS,IMAP,POP), Please re-assign to another certificate and try to remove it.

Ganga Enterprise Messaging Administrator-Exchange 2010. Windows 2008 Active Directory Configuring.

Monday, April 29, 2013 12:46 PM

All replies

• Assign them ( including IIS)  to another certificate and that is all you really need to do.

Twitter!:

Monday, April 29, 2013 11:37 AM
  • Hi,

Are you removing from self singed certificate or 3rd Party Certificate? If above certificate is already assigned by any services (SMTP,IIS,IMAP,POP), Please re-assign to another certificate and try to remove it.

Ganga Enterprise Messaging Administrator-Exchange 2010. Windows 2008 Active Directory Configuring.

Monday, April 29, 2013 12:46 PM
  • I confirmed that IIS is using the certificate I want but was curious as to why i was unable to uncheck the assigned services from the cert.
    Monday, April 29, 2013 7:21 PM
  • Thanks Harish, I have assigned another cert, replacing the self signed cert.
    Monday, April 29, 2013 7:21 PM