none
Lync 2013 client - increase message size RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings!

Is there a way to extend maximum message size sent thru LYNC 2013 over IM?

bostjanc

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:00 AM

Answers

• I think you talked about the maximum message length you can send.

Message length is restricted; 800 characters for the initial message, and 8,000 characters per additional message in the same session. It can’t be changed.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 10:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try changing the "IMConvoHistoryHeight" in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\communicator.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:19 AM
  • Thamara thanks for the reply.

1st of all we use Lync2013 soo i guess this should be Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\ right?

I don't see and IMConvoHistoryHeight key there :(

bostjanc

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:24 AM
  • interesting. I've posted the reg key for 2010. it seems that 2013 doesn't have the capability.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:29 AM
  • Anyone else with a little bit more optimistic answer? :)

Is there a way to change it on the SQL level in RPC?

bostjanc

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 9:30 AM
  • I think you talked about the maximum message length you can send.

Message length is restricted; 800 characters for the initial message, and 8,000 characters per additional message in the same session. It can’t be changed.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 10:03 AM