Unable to enter new item in Task list through Data sheet view RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I am Unable to enter new item in Task list through Data sheet view. i am getting "cannot access a closed  Stream.  For this error. you can retry or discard your chages" pop up.

please help me resolve this issue

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 11:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Manikandan,

Did this happen to all lists with Datasheet view in IE9? and to all client PCs?

Could you find some more detailed ULS logs related to this issue?

Please check if it helps with resetting IE to default settings, repairing your Office application 2010.

Thanks

Daniel Yang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Hemendra Agrawal Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Qiao Wei Tuesday, June 4, 2013 2:02 AM
    Friday, May 24, 2013 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Manikandan,

Did this happen to all lists with Datasheet view in IE9? and to all client PCs?

Could you find some more detailed ULS logs related to this issue?

Please check if it helps with resetting IE to default settings, repairing your Office application 2010.

Thanks

Daniel Yang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Hemendra Agrawal Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Qiao Wei Tuesday, June 4, 2013 2:02 AM
    Friday, May 24, 2013 9:23 AM
  • hi Daniel,

I have the same problem but unfortunately there is no useful information in ULS Logs other than it is saying the same error message. It didn't say what caused this problem and how. Resetting IE also didn't help and my Office 2010 is installed and running without any problem.

From this link, it is said that if the listName is empty the server will return this exact error message, but it is strange because I can edit other list item which has default value set. The problem occured when there is a row with empty column, and when I edited that particular column then I got the error.

Do you have any other recommendation as where to look further to solve this issue?

Thanks

Arief

• Edited by ariefimansantoso Monday, June 29, 2015 12:35 AM add link to more info about the error
    Monday, June 29, 2015 12:30 AM