none
Changing Page Layout used by [[newPage]] link in Enterprise Wiki

Question

• I'm creating a Knowledge Base wiki in SharePoint 2010 using an Enterprise Wiki site. Here's what I've accomplished so far:

1. Created a couple of Terms Sets in Managed Metadata that will be used to classify pages.
    2. Creates site columns tied to these terms.
    3. Created a custom content type (inherits from Enterprise Wiki Page) that includes these site columns.
    4. Created a custom page layout that adds these metadata columns to the right-hand column of the page so that they can be set easily. (Below the "Rating", replaces "Categories")
    5. Enabled metadata navigation on the library.
    6. Added the content type to the pages library (and removed all others).
    7. Added the page layout to "Page layouts and site templates" for the site (and removed all other page layouts).

Everything is working as I'd like with one exception!

If you put the name of a new wiki page (that doesn't exist) into a wiki link in a page ("[[new page]]" for example) and save the page, then click the link you're prompted to create a new page. The new page is created as you'd expect and it uses the correct content type. (So far, so good...)  the problem is that it uses the old default page layout that doesn't contain my metadata properties on the right side of the page!

I suspect this page layout is hardcoded into something used by this page creation mechanism but I'd like to change that so the user doesn't have to change the layout of the page in order to make these properties visible / editable.

I've found many good posts that have helped me get as far as I am, but can't seem to find anything to get past this last issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mike

Monday, April 22, 2013 7:54 PM

Answers

• Open "Page layout and site templates" once again and you will see that this is set to the old default page layout. It needs to be configured always twice. In first step you can add a new page layout. On second you can set the default page layout to the new page layout but not in a single step.

Kind regards
    Stefan

http://www.n8d.at/blog
    Follow me on Twitter: StFBauer | n8design

Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 / 2012
    MCTS - SharePoint / WSS Configuration and Development

• Marked as answer by moverholt Tuesday, April 23, 2013 11:51 AM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 5:21 AM

All replies

• Open "Page layout and site templates" once again and you will see that this is set to the old default page layout. It needs to be configured always twice. In first step you can add a new page layout. On second you can set the default page layout to the new page layout but not in a single step.

Kind regards
    Stefan

http://www.n8d.at/blog
    Follow me on Twitter: StFBauer | n8design

Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 / 2012
    MCTS - SharePoint / WSS Configuration and Development

• Marked as answer by moverholt Tuesday, April 23, 2013 11:51 AM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 5:21 AM
  • Thanks!

That did the trick. I never thought it would be that easy!

Mike

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 11:52 AM