none
Keylogger message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have two brand new laptops pre-installed with Windows 7 64bit.  From Dell.  They are Dell Precision M4600's.

Also the Dell docking stations Dell E-Port Plus

The pre-installed Windows 7 is fine and clean.  However, you plug everything into the docking station, get to plug the keyboard in (a dell one) and get the following message:

"a change in the usb keyboard connection was detected.  Please check your usb keyboard connection for the presence of a keylogger"

The keyboard is then deactivated.

I know this is a false positive.  There is NO keylogger, but why is this message coming up and is there any fix for it?  Another use had the same issue with Windows 7 using a KVM switch.

All machines have Lumension Sanctuary installed but I doubt it is this, as the laptop that used the KVM I removed Sanctuary from it yet it still brings up same message?

Can't find anything about this message on the net.

Thursday, December 1, 2011 2:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• The message is not from Windows 7.

This is a message from some anti-malware program installed on your system.

Contact either Dell Technical Support or the publisher of the anti-malware program installed on the system.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by stevenwhiting Tuesday, December 6, 2011 1:45 PM
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 2:56 PM
  • Reason I thought it could be a Windows 7 message was because using Process Monitor and targeting the Window it seemed to point to csrss.exe and conhost.exe which are both Microsoft files.

Have arranged to look next Tuesday on the users machine because it could be Sanctuary after all.  However, I doubt it because it never does this on any Windows XP machines we use.  Only ever had this message on Windows 7 machines.

Thursday, December 1, 2011 4:16 PM
  • Thursday, December 1, 2011 7:34 PM
  • Hi

Yep, appears it was Sanctuary or Spanctuary as we call it (and I hate Sanctuary, it's a pain).  Uninstalled it, then reinstalled it and seems OK.  I guess should of installed it after connecting the laptop to the docking station with all USB devices needed plugged in.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 1:49 PM