I am a contract (freelance) database Developer / Administrator working with SQL Server 2008 (with lots of experience of 2005 / 2000 too) and .net web application developer using c#.
I started working in technical software development after I graduated university in Cambridge in 1994 where I studied Software Engineering for Real-Time Systems.
Since then I have worked in software development, web application development, web farm administration, database administration, database development and managed teams of up to 7 people.
This technical background has afforded me a deep understanding of a broad spectrum of software and system problems and their solutions. e.g.
• Systems with minimal or scarce resources (low level application programming)
• Multi-tier and disconnected systems (web applications and banking systems)
• Highly concurrent (multi-user) systems
• High capacity systems (tables with a Billion rows)
• Batch processing
• OLTP databases
• Report development using many reporting systems