This article is covers a recent issue that I went through with a customer where we were experiencing a stopped-extension-dll-exception on exporting to Microsoft Exchange 2010 with Provisioning for Exchange 2010. 

Application Event log


The description for Event ID 0 from source FIMSynchronizationService cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

There is an error in Exch1010Extension BeginExportToCd() function.Type: System.Management.Automation.Remoting.PSRemotingTransportException
Message: Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : The WinRM client received an HTTP status code of 403 from the remote WS-Management service. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
Stack Trace:    at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.AsyncResult.EndInvoke()
   at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.Internal.RunspacePoolInternal.EndOpen(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.RunspacePool.Open()
   at System.Management.Automation.RemoteRunspace.Open()
   at Exch1010Extension.Exch1010ExtensionClass.OpenConnection(String uri, PSCredential credential)
   at Exch1010Extension.Exch1010ExtensionClass.BeginExportToCd(String connectTo, String domain, String server, String user, String password)
the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

EVENT ID: 6803

Log Name:      Application
Source:        FIMSynchronizationService
Date:          5/23/2012 9:30:16 PM
Event ID:      6803
Task Category: Management Agent Run Profile
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
The management agent "NORTHWIND TRADERS AD MA" failed on run profile "Export" because the server encountered errors.


We followed information found in the GALSYNC CONFIGURATION: Setting up GalSync to Provision to Exchange 2010 article to discover that we did not have the necessary permissions.  The GalSync User was not part of the Exchange Organizational Management Security Group.


To resolve the issue, we simply added the GalSync User to the Exchange Organizational Management Security Group.

Related Articles

See also