There are two methods in Office® 2010 to perform repairs and diagnostics - manually and automatically.These methods are described below
1. Close all the Office® 2010 applications.
2. Open Windows® Control Panel from the Start menu and double-click Add or Remove Programs or Programs and Features
3. On the list of programs, select Microsoft Office 2010, and click Change.
4. On the change screen, select Repair, and click Continue.
5. The repair process will begin. This process may take several minutes.
6. When the repair is complete, the following dialog box will appear. Click Close, then reboot the computer to complete the process.
You can configure Office to periodically download a diagnostic utility from Microsoft® to check for system problems that may affect Office® 2010. Follow the steps below to set this up:
1. From any Microsoft® Office® 2010 application, click the File tab, then click Options.
2. On the Options screen, select Trust Center, then click Trust Center Settings.
From the Trust Center screen, select Privacy Options on the left.
Under the Privacy Options section on the right, check the box for Download a file periodically that helps determine system problems.
5. Click OK to save these settings.