I have formatted my SSIS Package beautifully, if I do say so myself, so that all my tasks are visible at 50% zoom. However, when I close my project and then re-open it in Visual Studio, it defaults back to 100%...YUK!
I did find this post which didn't seem to work...even to the point that no where within my xml could I even find the "PersistedZoom" Parameter. I even tried manually adding it, I couldn't find the exact syntax on it, and that didn't even work.
1. In BIDS (Visual Studio) first close all open SSIS packages / xml files to avoid confusion ...
2. Right click on the SSIS package and select the "View Code" menu item. (to open the actual xml)
3. Search for all instances of "PersistedZoom" and change the value directly to the right of it to 100 (mine
was 80 or 90 ...)
4. Now save and close the XML file.
5. Now open the SSIS package in the designer, you will notice that it is still scrolled to the bottom right!
6. Now make any small change (I scrolled to the top-left and just slightly moved a task)
7. Now save and close the designer
8. Re-open the SSIS package in the designer! and what do you know it does not start scrolled down to the bottom right anymore!
Let me know if you still have issues - but as I said I followed this same process on all my problem packages and they ALL now open correctly.
I noticed that after doing all this the PersistedZoom property disappeared from the xml, which leads me to believe that if I zoom in and out of my packages again it will probably get stuck by opening to the bottom right again ...
Can anyone help me out with this?
Thanks for your review and am hopeful for a reply.
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.