I'm in the process of moving about 200 users from one database, to a new database on the same Exchange 2010 SP1 server. So far, all of the users except for 2 are working fine. The issue with these 2 users is, they cannot open any new email messages that they have recieved since the move, from thier Outlook 2007 client. They can open them fine from OWA, and they can open all messages prior to the move from Outlook. The error they recieve when trying to open them is: "cannot open this item". They get the same result in cached mode, or non-cached mode, and I've also tried it from different workstations. I've also tried setting up a new Outlook profile for them, but no luck. The mailbox moves completed 100% successfully, with no error messages.
Are there any diagnostics we can run on individual mailboxes to determine what the problem is. Or, does anyone have any advice on further steps I can take to fix this?
I think it is a RPC connection issue.
Here is a link about How RPC client communicate to Exchange 2010.
I have read it carefully. I suggest you doing follows:
1. For RPC encryption.
check if the check box "Encrypt data between Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange" is tickec on the outlook client .You can find the detail configure via the link .
2.For Address book service
Run these commands to the special users :
a. Disable-Mailbox cmdlet
b. Enable-Mailbox cmdlet
c. Connect-Mailbox cmdlet
3. For server end
I think it won't server end issue.
In order to move forward to the solution more quickly , Could you tell me what have you done before the 2 mailboxes working ok.
It looks like a mailbox corruptions issue. I suggest you creating a mailbox repair request to fix the problem.
You can run such command let : New-MailboxRepairRequest -Mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org -CorruptionType FolderView
Here are some documents you may need.
For how to create a Mailbox Repair Request:
For the detail Syntax:
I ran the command and according to the event viewer it was successful, however this did not resolve the problem (item cannot be displayed). I also tried to forward the emails from OWA and this would allow the the item to be display within Outlook. Any more suggestions would be helpful
- Proposed as answer by Melonboyzzz Monday, June 06, 2011 3:44 PM