none
How to get Photo app to scroll through pictures in the same folder?

Question

• I see the new Photos app and the legacy Windows Photo Viewer.  If I launch the Windows Photo View to see a picture, I can then scroll through other pictures in the same folder.  If I launch the Photos app to see a picture, I am stuck at that picture.  Right click gives only Set As and Delete.  Is there all there is to the Photos App?

Thanks

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 7:57 AM

Answers

• The folder you are in has to be in a Library. Otherwise, the app, due to Metro restrictions on file operations, will not be able to see the other files in the folder.
    • Marked as answer by K.Kong Tuesday, September 04, 2012 1:37 PM
    Tuesday, September 04, 2012 1:31 PM

All replies

• The folder you are in has to be in a Library. Otherwise, the app, due to Metro restrictions on file operations, will not be able to see the other files in the folder.
    • Marked as answer by K.Kong Tuesday, September 04, 2012 1:37 PM
    Tuesday, September 04, 2012 1:31 PM
  • I am a professional who has many different projects and our file structure is such that each job number has its own set of subfolders, including project photos.  With literally THOUSANDS of photos on my PC, there is NO WAY I can wait for all these photos to pop up, as in a library.  I need to scroll thru just photos from a given date, or photos from that specific submission.  Please, please, please, can't the Photos App just scroll through the photos in the immediate folder?  Please?  I am looking for a 3rd party viewer to handle this simple task.
    Thursday, September 15, 2016 6:53 PM